The Pseudoscientists Episode 128: Symbolic Perpetual Motion
Sarah and Jack look at the science and skeptical themes in the recent movies Lucy, Snowpiercer, Guardians of the Galaxy and the James Randi documentary An Honest Liar, and also touch on some self-assembling robots and turning brown butterflies purple.
Plus: nanotechnology, chemistry joke feedback, and climate change-denying geologist Ian Plimer.
- “Robot origami: Watch a flat sheet fold itself into a bot, go for a walk” - Ars Technica
- “Scientists turn a brown butterfly purple — in just six generations” - Ars Technica
- Here’s a link to the self-assembling robot video.
- DNA Fun Sunday! Jack’ll be there helping out, come along.
- You can find out more about National Science Week events at its website.
Houston, We Have A Problem
This podcast is supported by the Rationalist Society of Australia.
Also, consider leaving us a rating and/or review on iTunes!
If you have feedback for the show or want to ask us a question, get in touch via our Contact page or send us an email at youngausskeptics(at)gmail(dot)com.