The Pseudoscientists Episode 127: Lactic Acid Shakes
Jack is joined by returning guest Upulie Divisekera to freak out about electric bacteria and why they might be able to turn us into cyborgs, how an anti-GMO activist royally screwed up, and the essentiality of respiration.
Plus: Snowpiercer, Russian sex geckos, dead dinosaurs, and more brain pseudoscience from Lucy.
- “Bacteria unite to form living electric cables that stretch for centimetres” - Discover
- “Bacteria use electric wires to shock uranium out of groundwater” - Discover
- “Biologists discover electric bacteria that eat pure electrons rather than sugar, redefining the tenacity of life” — Extreme Tech
- “Mike Adams Builds a NaturalNews Nazi Time Machine” — This Week in Pseudoscience (and the offending website)
- “Asteroid’s ‘bad timing’ killed off dinosaurs, new evidence shows” — The Guardian
- “Russia back in control of Foton gecko sex satellite” — BBC
- Make sure you check out Upulie’s science communication project Real Scientists on Twitter — @realscientists
Houston, We Have A Problem
This podcast is supported by the Rationalist Society of Australia.
Also, consider leaving us a rating and/or review on iTunes!
If you have feedback for the show or want to ask us a question, get in touch via our Contact page or send us an email at youngausskeptics(at)gmail(dot)com.