The Pseudoscientists Episode 77 — Disposable penises, fluoridation, cyborg rats, and humanity vs. biodiversity, with Claire Shepard
Subscribe: iTunes / Libsyn RSS
Jack and Tom are joined by special guest Claire Shepard to Valentine’s it up with disposable sea slug penises, anti-fluoridation attitudes in Cairns, and cyborg rats. Claire gives us a dentistry-themed Jargonauts with “plaque”, and we make another impossible choice between wiping out all humans (except yourself) or every other species on the planet (apart from ones we need to survive), with the help of you, our listeners! Next week’s question: “How quickly would you adopt a brain-computer interface (essentially becoming a cyborg), if at all?”
Plus, more Valentine’s stuff and heaps of dentistry talk!
- “Sea slug drops penis after sex” - ABC Science
- “Disposable penis and its replenishment in a simultaneous hermaphrodite” - Biology Letters
- “Cairns Council brushes fluoride from water supply” - Cairns News
- “Lab rats acquire ‘sixth sense’” - BBC News
- Be Reasonable, the new podcast of the Merseyside Skeptics Society, can be found on iTunes or on their website
- You can follow Claire Shepard on Twitter at @DctrZaius
Question of the Week
Leave us your thoughts on the Question of the Week — this week about attaching computers to your brain — here!
Houston, We Have A Problem
Fake or real? What do you think?
If you have a suggestion for a Houston clip, let us know in the comments!
If you have feedback for the show or want to ask us a question, get in touch via our Contact page or send us an email at youngausskeptics(at)gmail(dot)com.